FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Are your products and techniques safe?

We understand toxicity is a concern for some of our clients, and although no pesticide can be considered non-toxic, our technicians are licensed and trained to apply all chemicals according to label directions to avoid non-target pests. Safety is something we take very seriously. All our technicians take continuing education courses to keep up-to-date with all the latest products, techniques and technology to provide the lowest toxicity treatments while maintaining optimal control.

How do I know if I have ants or termites?

It can be confusing to distinguish between winged ants and winged termites but here are some tips. There are three main characteristic differences between ants and termites. First are their wings. Ants have two sets of wings that are different sizes while termites have two sets of identical wings. Second, are their antennae. Ant antennae have an elbow while termite antennae are straight. Third is their body type. Ants have a thin waist and termites have a broad waist. If it is still tricky, you can always give us a call and have one of our licensed and trained professionals identify your issue.

Do we have to leave when a treatment is performed?

Typical spray treatments include the exterior, crawlspace and garage of your home. For these sprays you do not have to leave the property. For exterior sprays it is important to keep your pets inside until the spray is dry. Once the spray has dried your pets can return to the area. There are other more invasive sprays for cockroaches and bedbugs that do require you to leave during the treatment.

How are your chemicals different from the chemicals I can get at the store?

While some people may think that professional chemicals are very noxious and toxic, they are actually more targeted and less toxic than many of the chemicals that you buy at the store. Since store bought chemicals are intended to be used by homeowners, chemical makers intentionally add strong bad odors so users will know they are using a pest chemical. Conversely, the professional chemicals we use are intended for use by licensed pest technicians, so the odor is very low and many times unnoticeable. Also, some chemicals like store bought mice/rat killer can be much more toxic to cats, dogs, and children than the professional chemicals we provide. The days of a green billowing cloud emitting from the pest technician’s van are over!